Saturday, May 30, 2009

Is buying a new car a smart investment choice?

I always believed that buying a new car was never a good investment. Now with Chrysler filing bankruptcy and General Motors on the verge of filing, it could pay off to buy a new car. There were Chrysler dealers selling new cars at 50% discounts. You also could get 0% finance rates for up to 60 months. The deals on new cars have never been better than they are right now. A few years ago, I always believed in buying slightly used cars and letting someone else take the depreciation hit. Now buying a new car looks like a good choice. Believe me, I never like to see people losing there jobs and companies going out of business, but someone will buy these cars and the government will back the warranties. Remember though, if you can't afford to buy the car in 3 years, then I believe you can't afford to buy the asset. That is a rule I have been living by my entire life. Who wants to pay for a car for 5 years? I certainly don't. Anyways, good luck to your financial future and being happy is always my first option.

To your success!

No comments: